Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Theory about reducing symptoms

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Dave van Even, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Dave van Even

Dave van Even New Member

Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum, i got vs since i can remember. Got black white static and floaters an mild afterglow and halos. The vs sometimes get worse when I'm tired, stressed or paying to much attention to it .

To me it looks like most people with vs have anxiety and the anxiety the vs Will get worse so they keep monitoring it and keep paying attention to it.

Some people claim to have reduced their vs through better habits like eating better or working out more or taking benzodiazepines.

All those things they do come down to one thing: shift there attention away from the vs.

My theory is that you can reduce your vs by ignoring it and i know it's not easy but it seems like it's effective for alot of people.

Just sharing my thoughts and interested what you guys think about the theory.

administrator and Scotsofrenic like this.
  2. Scotsofrenic

Scotsofrenic New Member

Hi there... I would say you are correct about the anxiety aspect of vs as I have it most of the time
    Do you have any useful information on how to help the floaters. .. because thats hardest part for myself.
    I have read online that Candida infection can make vs/floaters worse and that tumeric can help

3. ivyhsin

ivyhsin New Member

I got vs after Candida infection

Scotsofrenic likes this.
  4. Jack

Jack New Member

I have had it since I can remember and am herring about people losing sight more and more, so I want to get a treatment soon. Besides ignoring it which has worked for a long time for me (since 4) I don't want to go blind. If you know anything that could possibly eliminate the problem all together not suppress it please let me know.

5. Imagine you’re Moses parting the sea of VS. With enough practice, you’ll be able (to some extent) focus on a small portion of you field of vision without having to see the static.
    Another technique that works is blinking a couple of times and quickly looking what you want to see. It’s not practical, but you can trick yourself into not seeing the static because you’re attention will be focused on the object of interest instead of the surroundings.

6. darkforest577

darkforest577 New Member

it depends on the persons, some have it worse than others, and i guess theirs two different types, ( pulse or broadband) tho i dont get it cause they describe as basically being the same in the types. But for me personally I don't see it outside really at all, only inside and in dim rooms or if i really pay attention on the tv or computer i can see it on the black or white screens, but the brighter it is and the brighter the tv or whatever is the less snow i have.

7. Scotsofrenic likes this.
  8. joskit

joskit New Member

Hey guys, new to the forum. I’ve been trying out some things to help with the light sensitivity symptom I get accompanied with My vs and I’ve found that massaging my eyelids with cold spoons DRASTICALLY reduces painful light flares! I got really excited when I looked at a lightbulb without being in any pain

9. Uh, you stared at a light bulb that was turned on?

Scotsofrenic likes this.