Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Survey about symptoms

Discussion in 'Research and Articles' started by missgord, Jul 18, 2014.

1. missgord

missgord Member

I'm working to partner with the Eye on Vision foundation to put out more research about this condition. I currently work as a quantitative research analyst for an educational organization. We need to design a survey to gather as much information as possible about symptoms, medications tried, height, weight, demographics, exercise, anxiety, tests performed, results, etc. The best way to design this is to ask the affected community what questions they would like to see included. So, what do you guys think? What should we make sure not to miss?

Davin Basi and Jackie Vest like this.
  2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I think your list is pretty inclusive! I'm assuming you will also ask about whether we suffer from migraine with aura. Other than that, it looks good! When you're ready to ask, we are ready to answer :) Thank you for your contributions!

3. missgord

missgord Member

Thanks for your suggestion! That's definitely a good idea. I've never gotten migraines so I might have forgotten about it. If anyone can think of any weird symptom they have that they think should be asked about, definitely mention it! I'm inevitably going to be using my symptoms to guide the questions, so I want to make sure everyone else can weigh in. I'll try to search the forums for as many other symptoms to include as I can.

4. Danny C

Danny C New Member

I didn't see the list?? I know genetics is playing a role with some of us with VS so I hope in it is ask if with have any other family members with this condition.

5. missgord

missgord Member

Haha my list is somewhat disorganized/haphazard right now - I'm just jotting things down as I think of them. Feel free to list anything! That was a great suggestion @Danny C - I added it to the list :)

6. Sandi

Sandi New Member

@missgord I'd be keen to find out if other sufferers see increased VS symptoms when dehydrated (I sure do - lots of after-images), when affected by alcohol, in one eye or both (I only have visual symptoms in right eye).

7. Miller's mom

Miller's mom New Member

Where can I find symptoms specific to children?