Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Possibly relatively eyesight independent test pattern

Discussion in 'Research and Articles' started by Toomas Pruuden, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Toomas Pruuden

Toomas Pruuden New Member

Use the pattern full screen (distance and lightning sensitivity is not known), take it just as an preliminary idea. Close one eye and concentrate on the picture seen with closed eye - you will see some moving crossed line type artifacts at first. For brief moments the movement can be stopped, there are two noises - background uniform noise and sparse snowfall before it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ou_K2HayplTk1ZNWpkZm1zdmM/view?usp=sharing

2. missgord

missgord Member

What are we supposed to see? I see a a big black checkered spot appear with white lines. It disappears when I blink and then reappears shortly.

3. Toomas Pruuden

Toomas Pruuden New Member

There can be noise seen if one is trying to follow the lines left/right. You can heighten contrast of the seen noise by letting light to obstructed eye (hand before one eye instead of closing it).

About the idea behind it: pattern evoked cortical potentials are well known and are registered with EEG. If there is pattern VS dependancy and it can be self-evaluated, then there would be cheap first line test. Yes, big ifs.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  4. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I see all kinds of crazy things that are difficult to describe :/