Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Palinopsia (trails only) without VS.

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by 20/13 vision, Oct 1, 2014.

1. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Hello everyone, I honestly can't find a place where I belong as there is no independent site for palinopsia only and this seems like one of the only places where I can ask about my trails. I am sorry.

I don't actually have Visual snow but I had the trails for many years now (possibly 4 years). I don't have any other visual symptoms other than high order aberrations from dry eyes and I have 20/13 vision. I have a few questions as I do fear about developing visual snow. I didn't do any drugs/medications and I have pretty good health.

1. Will having trails for years cause VS?
    2. Is 4 years enough time to get all of the other visual snow symptoms?
    3. How long does it usually take to get other VS symptoms as soon as the first one starts?

Thank you.

2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

Hi! I have most VS symptoms except for trails. So unfortunately I'm not much help. But I will say the symptoms for me started slowly and built up over time to include the spectrum I currently have. It took about 5 years I guess. Hopefully someone with palinopsia can chime in :)

3. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Hi! Thank you for the reply. May I please ask though, about what your first visual symptom was or perhaps your symptoms in chronological order? What do you think caused your VS?

Thank you.

4. Opticent

Opticent New Member

In my case my principal symptoms are palinopsia and positives postimages. Since 2008 I have this issue and gradually it has worsened. I only see the statics in the dark. It began after a period of anxiety and panic attacks, I think it was the detonant.

I'm from Spain, I hope you can understand my explanation.

5. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Thank
    Hi! What do you think caused your palinopsia? Did you you see static before or after you noticed palinopsia?

Thanks!

6. Opticent

Opticent New Member

I don't know, I only remember that my anxiety begans in 2007 and I started to see palinopsia symptoms in 2008. I want to believe that the anxiety was the cause of this disease, although I am a little hypochondriac and always I am obsessed with MS or other neurodegenerative issue.

I saw the statics after, since I noticed the palinopsia I paid a lot of attention to my vision.

7. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Hello again. Have you had a brain scan? Those can rule out terrible brain conditions and can put your mind at rest. It seems pretty unlikely that those symptoms indicate devastating neurological disorders.

You said that the static came after your palinopsia. About how long did it take for you to see the static after noticing your palinopsia? Can you please describe the static?

Thank you.

8. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

To tell you all the truth, I am quite anxious and terrified of developing visual snow. I know that trails is just one related VS symptom but I am scared. Thank you guys.

9. Afenglow

Afenglow New Member

From what I've read from other people with VS, their first symptoms aren't usually the palinopsia, maybe I'm wrong though? For me it was static and floaters right from the start. We're here for you either way and I hope you figure out what's wrong and that it doesn't develop into something worse. I'm lucky to not have trails with my VS, I'm thankful for that. Hang in there! :)

20/13 vision likes this.
  10. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Thank you :). You are right about palinopsia usually not starting first before VS. However, some get palinopsia before vs but they soon quickly get VS afterwards within weeks or months and they usually have other symptoms before too.

I'm glad you don't get trails. I guess to be more precise about my symptoms, I also get negative, positive afterimages with my trails.

Hang in there too. I do feel lucky as well but for not having snow.