Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My symptoms.

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Dikran Kabayan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. A list of my symptoms.
    At least the ones I can remember.

Visual Snow. Multi coloured static 24/7, even with my eyes closed.

Double vision.

Floaters.

Tinnitus.

Constant eye, and head pain, 24/7.

Negative afterimages, mostly by lightsources.

Light sensitivity.

Light makes it rain in colours, or... Hard to explain.

Shaking vision in light. Especially when outside.

Snow has a kind of strobe effect. Especially with eyes closed.

Flashes of light. Sometimes white, sometimes red, sometimes blue. Most noticeable with eyes closed, or in the dark.

The snow acts pulsating, like waves, bursts, like a lava lamp... Impossible to explain.

It's like "the picture" is a tad delayed, when I turn my head..

When I walk, the picture bounces.

Looking up at a clouded sky, the brightness sometimes goes up and down. Like someone trying to adjust the brightness, on a computer screen.

2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

-Static 24/7 for over 2 years now (flickering, strobe-like, ranges from mild to mod to intense)
    -Afterimages
    -Floaters
    -BFEP
    -Trouble focusing on things, especially tv screens, computer screens
    -Migraine with aura (with all the usual disturbances such as colorful, bright fortification patterns, scotoma, hemianopsia, scintilla, numbness in arms/hands/face/tongue, trouble speaking or thinking properly
    -Numbness & tingling that comes and goes in fingers/hands/arms/upper back (randomly, without a migraine. Nerve conduction study came back normal)
    -Mild Tinnitus
    -Terrible night vision
    -Light sensitivity
    -Flashes of light
    -Sometimes all of the VS symptoms are so overwhelming and fast moving, it seems as if my whole head is humming or buzzing!

Other items which may or may not be worth noting:
    -Do not suffer with anxiety
    -One pupil smaller than the other
    -Only other health condition is chronic neck pain. Scan came back with 2 bulging discs and early arthritis. I see a physical therapist for relief.
    -No other disorders
    -Otherwise a fit, active young adult
    -Have two young children

3. Jackie Vest

Dikran, I know exactly what you mean about impossible to explain the movements of the snow. Every time I try to describe it, it never comes out right. And especially in front of a doctor, it seems like I'm making things up!
    Sorry to hear about your chronic eye and head pain, that sounds like a nightmare on top of a nightmare.

4. Jackie. Yeah, that's the worst part about this. Explaining some of the symptoms to docs. It's quite impossible for some of the symptoms.
    You have quite a list of symptoms. Sorry to hear :-(

Yeah. It's a living hell, but have no other options :p

Also have sclerosis, so some symptoms I haven't put in the list, cause I'm quite sure they're caused by the sclerosis.
    Although my neuro can't do anything for my VS, he gets i have it.

5. Jackie Vest

That's awful :(

6. Well, the sclerosis is the least of my problems. Taking my shots and taking D + B12, for the sclerosis. Don't even think about my sclerosis

7. Jackie Vest

Good to hear!

8. Simone

Simone New Member

Hi there

Did you get all the symptoms at the same time or did some develop over time?