Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Magnesium and Riboflavin

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jackie Vest, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

My neurologist prescribed me these two supplements. I took 100mg of Riboflavin (B2) and 450mg of Magnesium every day for 6 months with no changes in any of my VS symptoms nor any reduction in my migraines with aura. I'd be curious to try these in higher doses or in combination of other supplements. Anyone?

2. missgord

missgord Member

You can take a ton of Riboflavin because it's water soluble aka you'll pee it out. You can take as much B and C vitamins as you want (in theory). For example, I'm no longer drinking coffee (worried that the caffeine will make things worse) so I take B-12 vitamins instead occasionally, which each have 83,000% of my DV :) . Be careful on A, D and E, because you can technically OD on them and get vitamin toxicity from them. Here is a decent resource: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/effects-of-taking-too-many-vitamins.

That being said, I've taken 500mg of Magnesium (no change) and 400mg of Riboflavin (again no change). My neurologist told me to stop taking Riboflavin maybe 5 months ago because she said some of her patients said they thought it made their vision blurry. But I haven't noticed a change without the Riboflavin either!

3. Jackie Vest

Good to know about the doses you've taken, thank you! As for coffee- for me it doesn't change anything. I wake up and everything is going nuts. I have a cup of coffee and it seems about the same. Then calms down a bit the longer I am up and the more awake I get.

4. missgord

missgord Member

I actually had a dream last night that I drank a cup of coffee because I miss it so much! I'll have to try it :)

Jackie Vest likes this.
  5. Jackie Vest

I'm hopelessly addicted. LOL! My Facebook status this morning:

Jacquelyn Vest
    8 hours ago
    Jadon: Mommy, it looks like you need some coffee. Do you want me to tell you how to make da coffee?
    First you put some water in the whistle. And put some bean in da bean chopper. And den pour some salt in da cups. Now pour the hot water in da can and put the net very close to da coffee and den you catch da leaves. Now put it in da cups.
    (French Press instructions from a 4 yr old)
    Me: Thanks bud, but without Daddy to make me coffee this morning, we're all gonna die. — with Chris Vest.

6. missgord

missgord Member

Hahahaha. He seems pretty good! My mom said that her dad used to get her to make his coffee every morning by telling her that she made it better than anyone else and that he wanted to know her special recipe. Similarly, I used to help my dad make pancakes when I was little and they always told me they were the best pancakes ever (I no joke thought I was a freaking pancake chef genius as a child).

I think I wanna start trying to drink more tea since it is apparently so good for you! Maybe that will be my way to ease into some caffeine.

Jackie Vest likes this.
  7. Jackie Vest

Tea is very good for you and a good way to have caffeine without excess :) I use the "but your coffee is the best!" trick with my husband LOL! ...Yum.. pancakes!!!