Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Tests and Diagnosis' started by missgord, Jul 28, 2014.

1. missgord

missgord Member

Has anyone here:

1) Been tested for lyme? If so, what tests and what were the results (AKA if it was Western Blot, did you have any positive bands? And if it wasn't Western Blot, go get re-tested!).
    2) Been treated for lyme? If so, what medicines/doses?
    3) Seen a lyme literate doctor?

Jackie Vest likes this.
  2. Riddle

Riddle New Member

Not been tested yet but it has crossed my mind. Not that I remember any tic bites but I'd like to know for sure. Unfortunately I have health anxiety and have been to the doctors about so many potential diseases over the years that they're likely to wonder why I'm asking for a test. Trying to get referred to a neurologist and hopefully get an MRI at some point at the moment but maybe if that's all clear I'll try and get Lyme tested..

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  3. missgord

missgord Member

Great!

4. Danny C

Danny C New Member

best thing first to do before you get tested look at the risks first like me my State does every year finds tics and test them to see if they have lyme..In my state it is very very low for Lyme! its to cold and wet here for tics..The only low risk is if your out in the woods a lot and hunting Deer! Deer are infested with tics..As well are you out of state a lot here tics are much higher for lyme you have to way in the risk I would before spending all that money out of pocket for the test! down south like Arkansas has a high risk for lyme then like vs my State Oregon..

Jackie Vest likes this.
  5. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I agree with Danny on the risks of the local area. My aunt lives in Vermont (high risk) and has Lyme. Her sister is also from that area and also had Lyme (she has passed away- but not from the Lyme). I am in a moderate to low risk area, but I think it might be worth testing anyway since Lyme can have such severe neuro symptoms as my aunt describes to me all the time.

missgord likes this.