Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How old are you now and when you first developed VS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Perplexed, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Perplexed

Perplexed New Member

I was 11 years old when i first noticed my symptons... and im 21 now.

2. Human

Human New Member

I believe I started noticing around age 9 or 10. I vaguely remember at some point having seen with clarity a clear blue sky when I was much younger, but I'm not certain. I'm currently 25.

3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I was around 25 when I started to slowly develop symptoms but didn't know what it was until 28. I am 29 now. Good question!

Perplexed likes this.
  4. Liz

Liz New Member

I had visual snow as long as I can remember and is mostly prominent in the dark or when I look at the sky. It's not severe, although because I've had it my whole life I don't know any different, and when I was young I assumed everyone saw what I was seeing. I am now 30

5. Afenglow

Afenglow New Member

I developed VS about 9 months ago and my first symptoms were sudden and developed increasingly over the next two months, I was 27 then, 28 now.

6. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

I was 36 years old when it started. I'm now 39.

7. Miller's mom

Miller's mom New Member

8. Miller's mom

Miller's mom New Member

You are the 1st person I've heard of who is like my son. He is 8 and has been telling us about his spots since he began to talk. Is also worst for him looking in the sky or in the dark he sleeps with the light on. I am very curious about the differences between children who recognized the spots and those who develop symptoms later in life.

9. MrWho

MrWho New Member

I'm not sure, it's been about as long as I can remember. I know there was a time when I didn't see like this, but I can't recall when.
    Doesn't help I don't remember anything before age 8

10. As long as I can remember. Talked to a doctor about it in first or second grade. Thought I was over analyzing normal things that everyone sees and no one talks about -for 37 years.

11. J.M.

J.M. New Member

I am a 57 yr old grandmother and I've had visual snow/persistent migraine aura and more visual disturbances for 10 months.

12. Chlosman

Chlosman New Member

I'm pretty sure I've had it from a young age but I first started describing my symptoms at 14 and I'm now 21.

13. Cathy Zimmerman

Cathy Zimmerman New Member

I have had visual snow since I was around seven. It has gotten worse over the years. It's so nice to know I am not the only one who has this. I have never met a doctor or person who understood me. Although it's annoying, and I wish it would go away. I am thankful I am not blind.