Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How is it when you first wake up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabriel, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

This is probably an odd question but when I wake up the flickering is really bad and then clears up after a while, is that just me?

2. efrustrated

efrustrated New Member

I have the exact same issue. Normally the snow is not really moving during the day but when I wake up from a nap or wake up from a longer sleep there is a lot of movement in the snow and the snow is thicker and it is very much worse. It takes a few minutes for it to go back to "normal".

3. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

Yeah that's very odd, I wonder why that is, how could the possibly be connected do you think? But anyway, thank you for replying, I was beginning to wonder if anyone used these forums anymore.

4. Sydnem

Sydnem New Member

Hi There
    My brother has Visual Snow and astigmatism and wakes up in what he describes as semi-darkness
    He has had his lenses checked, his visual field test, oct, retinal scans, blood tests for lipods etc, and he saw his doctor a few days ago and no one seems to know what is wrong with him
    He has just turned 30 and he has had issues with light etc for a while
    He is just starting to get really worried because no one can tell him what it is or at the very least where to look for help
    Please if someone has something similar, or can help, please let me know

5. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

I'm very sorry to hear that. My name is Gabriel I am 14 years old and I am not sure if I have it or not but I have researched it quite a bit nonetheless, and I am sorry to tell you that there isnt much you can do for visual snow, I know there are some medicines mainly anxiety medication that can help, and there are other methods, I've heard of people doing neck stretches and that has helped them quite a bit, proper posture and proper nutrients helps too, people have found ways of making it better, I truly believe that visual snow makes people miserable and that is the worst part. However, they are researching a cure (as you probably know) and they are making seemingly good progress, some of they're recent study results are coming out later this year, isn't that something to look forward to? In any case, the best thing you can do is be healthy and relax, a good state of mind really helps. If you want me to go more in depth on how do to make it better just ask. Any way, thank you for posting here I appreciate it! And again feel free to ask me whatever you want.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016