Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Holistic/herbal remedy suggestions

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Nicola, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Nicola

Nicola New Member

I'm very uncomfortable with the thought of taking any prescribed medication to help VS - anyone know of any holistic or herbal remedies that are supposed to help? I hear acupuncture can do wonders however it's a little costly for me

2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I completely agree with you Nicola. I am very prone to side effects and get them often in a worse way than the condition the medication is treating. I have also been searching out treatments. I've had vs for a few years now, but only very very recently discovered what it is, therefore I haven't tried anything yet. But I am curious what responses may come to your question.

3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

4. Afenglow

Afenglow New Member

Evening Primrose Oil - for depression.

http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Super-Primrose-1300Mg-Softgels/dp/B0018O8IQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432118064&sr=8-1&keywords=super primrose oil

Though this doesn't treat my VS symptoms exactly, it does help me so much with my mood and keeping my head up on those days when I could start to get down. I noticed a huge difference a couple of weeks into taking it daily and think it's at least worth a try if you're struggling with fluctuating moods/emotions. It's also just in general freaking awesome for skin/hair/nails/everything. ( :

Last edited: May 20, 2015