Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Holistic/herbal remedy suggestions

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Nicola, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Nicola

Nicola New Member

I'm very uncomfortable with the thought of taking any prescribed medication to help VS - anyone know of any holistic or herbal remedies that are supposed to help? I hear acupuncture can do wonders however it's a little costly for me

2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

I completely agree with you Nicola. I am very prone to side effects and get them often in a worse way than the condition the medication is treating. I have also been searching out treatments. I've had vs for a few years now, but only very very recently discovered what it is, therefore I haven't tried anything yet. But I am curious what responses may come to your question.

3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

4. Afenglow

Afenglow New Member

Evening Primrose Oil - for depression.

http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Super-Primrose-1300Mg-Softgels/dp/B0018O8IQA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432118064&sr=8-1&keywords=super primrose oil

Though this doesn't treat my VS symptoms exactly, it does help me so much with my mood and keeping my head up on those days when I could start to get down. I noticed a huge difference a couple of weeks into taking it daily and think it's at least worth a try if you're struggling with fluctuating moods/emotions. It's also just in general freaking awesome for skin/hair/nails/everything. ( :

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  5. Jervin

Jervin New Member

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain:Chocolate Chunk from:http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chocolate-chunk/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Scotsofrenic likes this.
  6. Scotsofrenic

Scotsofrenic New Member

Hi Jevin. ... I used cannabis for almost 18 years up until recently and I have to say that since I've stopped using my condition seems to have worsened!
    I don't mean that overall my condition has worsened. .. it's just that now I'm more aware of everything and it bothers me much more now that I'm not in a relaxed state of mind anymore.
    I'm not saying this is the case for everybody!
    I only stopped using because I'm trying to get diagnosed properly with VS and I'm fed up with Doctors saying it's down to cannabis use!
    I'm 37 years old and yes I've used cannabis for years but I've had VS since I was a child. ... for as long as I can remember and I certainly wasn't using as a child!
    I'm not suggesting that you start using either! I just wanted to give you my experiences.

Last edited: May 31, 2017