Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Soph, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Soph

Soph New Member

It is relief to find this forum,
    at first I thought I was suffering from a form of psychosis. I'm still quite worried but it is good to know I'm not the only one.
    One night a few weeks ago I noticed that I was getting alot of after images around my bedroom at night, thought that it was just tiredness and that it would be gone by the morning. Upon waking they were still there, anything bright that was looked at would cause a distinct after images when looking away.
    I saw a doctor who looked at my eyes and said that the likely explanation was a migraine yet as the days passed no headache emerged.
    What is strange is that my vision is 'normal' in that my prescription has not changed (I am short sighted -5.00 in both eyes with a slight astigmatism in one). It is just a transparent fuzz over my whole visual field in both eyes that is there 24/7, it is quite faint but noticeable. My after images still remain, there is light sensitivity and I do not feel able to focus like before. Its tricky to read from books and on a computer screen.
    Doctors seem somewhat baffled by this probably because of how rare it is.

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to reduce this? Are there any medications you take to help it?. Do you know of anyone who has been cured of this?.

Whilst researching this syndrome I came across a page where you can donate to fund research, hopefully this could be helpful for some of you that are suffering:
    https://www.gofundme.com/visual-snow

Hopefully I can support some of you whilst being a member of this forum,

Soph