Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hello from steve. my story..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by steve.f, Mar 29, 2015.

1. steve.f

steve.f New Member

Hi my names steve. Hope your all well :)
    Il try to keep this short.
    Iv been having visual snow i believe since January shortly after my daughters birth.
    I do have aspergers which iv read is quite common to have VS? Dont know how true that is though?
    Iv Had high anxiety since this all began. But on herble stress relief which has helped my anxiety.
    I dont know how long iv had all these symptoms.

Quick list
    Before;
    seeing cells (certain light)
    ringing in ears
    Fairly sensitive to light
    static in the dark

Since january;
    floaters
    Seeing "specs" in the sky
    After images (mainly tv picture)
    constant static
    I also at times get black flashes. Like im blinking but im not. This symptom iv not seen anyone else mention?
    also never noticed the constant static until i saw a picture of what it looked like!
    Had light headaches which went after taking paracetamol for a week. Barely have headaches now.

So i dont know if iv had this along time or its a new thing.
    I was wondering is this something i should be worried about? Iv read on here no ones gone blind. Will i still always be able to see my family / friends?
    I dont know how bad it gets. Im staying positive though.
    My 2nd question is, is there list of medication people have found works/helped? I know no real cure yet. But maybe some i could talk to my doctor about?
    Iv only tried low dosage of propanolol 80mg a day. Otherwise am on herble stress relief.

Also i will be donating to jens gofund.
    Hope your all well. Feel free to write back or message me :)
    God bless x

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. SammHamm

SammHamm New Member

I get the flashes all the time. It's my worst symptom that makes it unbearable for me.

3. James

James New Member

Hi
    I'm james in the UK. My VS has been with me all my life but spiked horribly 3 months ago. My main symptom is static and floaters. Huge amount of both. Life had be come a real struggle.

I believe we need to stoke up the discussion and get this talked about much more. I think all us sufferers have retreated to our own life's to deal with the problem as best we can ourselves when we should be talking about it much more. Any ideas?

James

4. Rachel31

Rachel31 New Member

I've always had VS ever since I can remember. I don't know if i get it when it's darker or it its just more noticeable against the dark background. I get dots that tend to move randomly, just like TV snow. I always thought that it was my eyes trying to make sense of my surroundings in low light. I thought this was normal until my Mum and other half told me they do not get it. I do get migraines with lots of blurred vision, these have really reduced as I have got older.
    I also find my eyes are very sensitive to light and I will get dark circular echoes after looking at anything white on a bright day, ie paper.
    Some times I can ignore the snow other times it makes it difficult for me to sleep.

I would really like to help to further our knowledge on this and would like to volutenteer for any studies.

It's great to have sites like these. I finally know what is wrong with me. Thank you.

5. I think I was born with it. I can't imagine a world with out. Thought I was alone; so happy to find you