Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Had it forever... just recently been able to explain the symptoms.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Evrae, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Evrae

Evrae New Member

Hi everyone. It is great to find a place where we can all talk to each other about this. Like many of you, I have had this as long as I can remember but did not know how to describe it. Many dismissed it as "floaters" although I knew it wasn't. They were not just chunks of bacteria floating around on my eyeball. It also isn't just a series of dots for me. There are lines, shapes and moving colors- constantly. And I can control them sometimes. I used to lay on the couch and look up at the stucco ceiling and my mind would create morphing pictures and characters. If I only I could have had the talent to draw them out. I have a few questions for you all:

1. When you drink alcohol, hours afterward or even the next day, do your visions increase in intensity?

2. Are you able to change and manipulate the visions whenever you want?

3. Do you see them in the dark or when you close your eyes?

4. Do you think it is all in our head or something more?

Cheers,
    Ev

2. Joey

Joey New Member

I have exactly the same as you and i just find out that it is actually a "unknown disease". I never has been able to explain.
    Answering your questions:
    1 - Yes
    2 - Yes
    3 - Yes, actually in the dark it intensifies
    4 - I aways knew that it is not something from my head but, i thought that it was normal.

3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. I think there is a physical issue going on in the brain - and research backs this up.

It also took me until I found out about VSS to be able to explain it! So hard to put it into words.

4. Chlosman

Chlosman New Member

1. Don't drink alcohol
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. I agree with Jackie that it is a brain problem.

I found out about VS by Googling my symptoms and actually coming across something that matched.