Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

General VS Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kerr Adams, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Kerr Adams

Kerr Adams New Member

Hi everyone!

First time poster and I do apologize if it's a little disorganized. Not too sure how to word all of this.

So I'm pretty sure I have mild VS. worse in low light but seems to stabilize once my eyes adjust. I actually never really thought much about it and only put a name to it recently when I scheduled my LASIK procedure. I've been quite stressed about the procedure because I used to have migrane with aura when i was younger (it's been about 12 years since my last one and a couple times they triggered a seizure. 15 years since my last seizure.

The VS seems a little worse and i think it's because i've been stressed/anxious because the xanax i have for GAD seems to reduce it by 90%. Stress/Anxiety does seem to make it worse.

In my own independent research i've also found that the VS could be related to the old migrane aura issue, anxiety and astigmatism (Iwas told my an eye doctor a few years ago that I have a mild astigmatism)

Would anyone happen to have any thoughts or advice on all of this?

Thank you!

2. Rachel UK

Rachel UK New Member

My VS only started this week, but I can tell you it started in the hangover phase of a migraine. I strongly believe the migraine was the trigger.