Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Floaters - VS related or not?

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Jon, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon New Member

Hey, I'm new here. There's much I want to share, but for now, I ask for your help. I'm trying to determine whether some of my floaters are really VS related or if they are actually the more common floaters of the vitreous humor. There is one in particular in my right eye, that seems to always be in pretty much the same shape, albeit change size and perhaps orientation from time to time. It seems to always appear initially at the same spot an then sometimes move toward the center. I can try to "shake" it by moving my eye, but then if I try moving my eye in a certain way it will always pop up. It's been there for quite some time now. Is it like that for VS type floaters, or do they tend to be more versatile and change often? If so then how often? I might have to ask my doctor to refer me to an ultrasound test, as it's the only way to verify this, but I'd like to hear from you first. Thanks.

Scotsofrenic likes this.
  2. Scotsofrenic

Scotsofrenic New Member

I have the same issues with my floaters and personally I believe they are Vs related.
    Mine are all different shapes and sizes.... some are like worms and others are like little bubbles.
    I can actually see the liquid moving inside my eyes in the correct lighting.
    The floaters are more annoying than the VS for myself.