Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do I have visual snow ?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ivan Kons, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Ivan Kons

Ivan Kons New Member

Hey guys,

So for the past days I have been seeing disturbing things and I googled what I see and I came up with the ''diagnosis'' of visual snow.

Basically, I see extremely small moving white dots on the computer screen, also when I am looking at plain backgrounds such as snow (real snow), or when looking at the sky. Now, I noticed that when I go to bed and close my eyes and its completely dark, I can still see these white dots. Sounded very disturbing, I googled it, turned out it could be retina detachment, so I went to the doctor, he told me I am fine, I have 100% (20/20) vision , and he said its eye floaters that are not harmful.

Now, I saw some pictures of what visual snow is supposed to look like, relatively big white vibrating points and I dont experience that. Indeed, when I read on the laptop, watch TV, go to the cinema, I have noe trouble seeing, but when I just look at the dark sky, I see so many little dots, stars..and I have never noticed that before, nor I have any of the related symptoms, such as migraine or problems with the ears, hearing noises etc..

2. Ivan Kons

Ivan Kons New Member

UPDATE: I actually noticed, for the firs time over an year ago, that when I stare at a dark carpet, after 30-40 seconds , it starts shimmering, but I just turned my eyes away and it got better.

Is this symptom unique to Visual snow or could it appear separately.

3. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Hello, do you happen to have negative afterimages?