Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do i have visual snow?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David Westhead, Feb 9, 2015.

1. David Westhead

David Westhead New Member

Hi everyone my name is David and I live in the UK.

I’m not sure where to start. I have a constant ringing in the head or tinnitus is what the clinical name for it so I always thought the visual snow like vision I have was a side effect of that.

It is hard to put in words what I see because the visual snow changes in different lighting conditions if I was to look in the blue sky I would see thousands of clear pin prick dots darting around all over the place too fast to be floaters.

During the dark the clear dots turn black with a shimmering outline and don’t dart about at all. If a was to look at a dark textured background like a dark carpet my vision would start to shimmer and if I was to focus on the dark dots they would stand out more I’m that use the black dots that most of the time I tend to blank them out but they are still there. Not sure if what I have is visual snow but from what I have read it sounds like I am a sufferer of it.

2. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

Hi David. I'm not a doctor, but sounds like you suffer from tinnitus, visual snow, and blue field entoptic phenomenon (bfep). Bfep is actually a "normal" phenomenon, however those who suffer from visual snow tend to have bfep more often and in scenarios which others don't usually see it. I can relate and have all of these as well. Visual Snow Syndrome tends to incorporate the "snow" or "static" as well as a few other symptoms that range from tinnitus, bfep, trailing, floaters (excessive), afterimages, and more.

Here is a simulation of bfep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_f...:Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon_animation.gif

And here is a simulation of visual snow (the dots vary from person to person and can be in color, black and white, large, or small, etc.):
    http://visionsimulations.com/simulators/visual-snow

3. 20/13 vision

20/13 vision New Member

Hello, is it persistent or do you only see the dots on certain objects?

4. Meg

Meg New Member

Hi, I am also wondering the same thing. I have never posted about my abilities before. My vision changes started when I was about 5 years old. I started to see what appeared to be waves coming off of objects. I would notice a glowing halo around certain people and the same sky you described. My vision change scared me at first and since my mother was a southern baptist, she was no help sorting out what I was seeing and told me that if I kept seeing it it must be evil. As a young child, in this scenario which I will not bore with further details, I believe it was around this time I developed an obsessive counting habit. I used excessive counting to distract my visuals and eventually gained control over them. If I allow my gaze to soften I can see what I now know to be energy that exist in all things. Humans eyes can only see a small percentage of reality and this is a scientific fact. I hope I'm not the first one to say that these visualizations are not the result of some DISORDER but merely a conceived ability to see the greater expanses of our universe. I can see energy fields in everything but my vision is not obstructed because I can re focus to a "light windy rain" as I like to call it. I haven't ever thought of myself as having a visual condition. It was always something I was used to living with but just never shared with anyone. Now that I'm in my 30's, I am ready to explore my visual differences and learn about things unknown to many.