Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do any of you experience this?

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by Andrew T, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

I have noticed that when I look at anything with a lot of closely placed parallel lines (window blinds, a striped shirt, etc.), that the object actually "shimmers" or "vibrates" in a way. It is quite disconcerting. I thinks actually this is an optical illusion caused by the static "interfering" with the ability of the brain to "decode" what it is seeing. I can't stand striped clothes anymore! Anyone else experience this?

2. David Westhead

David Westhead New Member

yes i get it when a look at a dark coloured carpet in artificial light

3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

Yes. Sort of looks like the heat wave from pavement. It is very disturbing, I always have to look away!

4. Evrae

Evrae New Member

Yes I have that too on certain patterns. "Shimmer" is probably how I would describe it. Why do our brains work this way?

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I have that too but only momentarily

6. littleboy

littleboy New Member

I have this symptom too.
    I have difficlt in reading, at a night or in the dark ,i even feel the words 'shimmers' .

7. Erikpe94

Erikpe94 New Member

Yes I have experience it. It's really difficult to look on different patterns.

8. JenJenCali

JenJenCali New Member

I have the same experience. There is a conference room in particular where I cannot face the blinds because I feel like they are moving in and out of focus. The more light shining in through the blinds, the more I feel like my eyes are crossing or trying to focus on the blinds.