Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

B12

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by ChrisV, Jul 14, 2014.

1. ChrisV

ChrisV New Member

This seems to be one of the more popular supplements recommended. Has anyone found relief from B12? What are the typical dosages recommended?

2. missgord

missgord Member

I take B12 now sometimes that I'm no longer drinking caffeine (I figure it probably would make my symptoms worse). The supplements I take have 83,000% of my DV and I'll occasionally take 2. If you do take B12, get the "Methyl" variety; that's the best one. I think people might recommend it because a B12 deficiency can cause all sorts of weird symptoms, and a lot of people can be B12 deficient. I was totally convinced I would have low B12 so I got the blood work done... and it turns out my B12 levels are normal to high, haha. That being said, American standards of normal are low in a lot of other countries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12_deficiency - see "Diagnosis").

Jackie Vest likes this.
  3. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

Thanks for the info!

missgord likes this.
  4. HCMG

HCMG New Member

Having a B12 complex every couple of days to supplement my diet has been invaluable. I wouldn't say it has much of an effect on my VS but it deals with anxiety and depression very well which in turn goes a long way in helping one live with VS.
    I have also tried almost every kind available on the market (at least in NZ that is). I have learnt that there is a huge difference between synthetically generated supplements and naturally fermented B12 on the market. I would thoroughly recommend taking the latter. I use a "Max B-ND" by Premier Research Labs - made in Texas. I sure there are others though. This product suggests taking 1.25ml of the solution everyday but I find that taking between 4-8 drops in a glass of water every 2 - 3 days is sufficient but I am fairly sensitive.

Jackie Vest likes this.