Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A big reduction in my symptoms when I started wearing new glasses

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jackie Vest, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Jackie Vest

Jackie Vest Active Member

Interesting change for me:
    I usually spend 3/4 of my week in my contacts and 1/4 in my glasses. I just got new glasses and needed to wear them continuously for 2 weeks to allow my eyes to adjust. They are just glasses for my near-sightedness (-5.75) from LensCrafters with anti-glare coating and some HD properties. Anyways, I finally wore my contacts for the first time today in a few weeks and my light sensitivity, after-images, and static were all MUCH WORSE in my contacts. I don't know if the glasses were giving my eyes a needed rest, or if the anti-glare is helping take the edge off my symptoms, or what. But suddenly I can see a big reduction in static and others when I'm wearing glasses. It's not gone, but it's reduced by half. (I don't think everyone here wears glasses/contacts? But I thought I'd just share what has suddenly helped me... for now)

2. Andrew T

Andrew T New Member

I wear glasses, and have never worn contacts. A 50% reduction in symptoms is wonderful! So glad to hear it, but I'm curious as to why it should make a difference...